John Basl, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Philosoph
- Applied Ethics; Philosophy of Science; Epistemology
Elizabeth Bucar, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Religious Studies
- Comparative Religious Ethics; Muslim Ethics; Gender and Sexuality; Material Cultures and Ethics
Daniel Faber, Ph.D.
Professor of Sociology and Director, Environmental Justice Research Collaborative
- Environmental Justice; Political Economy; Social Movements; Globalization
Patricia Illingworth, Ph.D., J.D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy and the College of Business Administration
- Global Justice; Medical Ethics; Business Ethics; Bioethics; Health Policy and Law
Jung Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
- Comparative Religious Ethics; Chinese Religions; Philosophy of Religion
Stephen Nathanson, Ph.D.
Professor of Philosophy
- Social and Political Philosophy; Ethics of War; Economic Justice; Patriotism; The Death Penalty
Ronald Sandler, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy, Institute Director
- Environmental Ethics; Ethics and Emerging Technologies; Ethical theory
Phil Brown, Ph.D.
University Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Health Sciences; Director, Social Science Environmental Health Research Institute
Student at Northeastern University
- Jodie Ly is a Northeastern University senior Philosophy major with a concentration in Law and Ethics and minors in Law and Public Policy and Environmental Studies. She is a research assistant for Ronald Sandler in the Department of Philosophy and Religion. She has done research previously with Serena Parekh and been on co-op with the United States Attorney’s Office in New York City. After graduation, she plans to apply to law school and explore areas in international or human rights law.